On The Hill: It’s not quite powder, and it’s not quite a margarita, but it’s deep!
March 2, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 5″ of new snow overnight, 7″ in the past 48 hours, and 7″ in the past week. Snowing currently, with a high near 39. West wind around 15 mph.
Aspen Times field report: Nearly a foot of super wet, consilidated snow awaits those who are ready for a quad-burner! 29° up top with poor visibility and high winds.
Liftline status: Light, for a powder Saturday.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning through Sunday. A total of up to two feet of heavy, wet snow is expected to fall between Friday and Sunday. Avalanche danger is HIGH. 70 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon. Tonight: 80 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, lows around 21. West winds around 5-10 mph.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Glenn K. Beaton: Don’t fall for the college scam
- Aspen city council OKs new problem dog law
- Basalt council ponders $250,000 settlement with former manager Scanlon