On The Hill: In a full on blizzard, skiing today is a game time decision
January 13, 2014
Aspen official report:2″ overnight. 14″ over the past week. 61″ base on Aspen Mountain.
Aspen Times field report: Some ski days are a game time decision. With winds gusting above 45 mph, and sustained winds at around 20 mph, we decided to sit this major storm out for the day and let the winds calm down. Also: GO BRONCOS!
Liftline status: No liftlines at Corby’s cabin. The mountains are likely to be pretty desolate today, with the truly hardcore having the pick of the litter for powder runs. That is IF the lifts stay open. With winds pumping as they are, there is a good chance that many of the upper lifts and gondolas will be moving slowly, if at all today.
Breakdown: Sometimes, Mother Nature forces you to punt. Today is one of those days for this snowporter. Monday and Tuesday look to be EPIC! See you up there on the hill!
Snowcast: We are in a winter storm warning through Monday evening. Up to 30″ of new snow is forecast above 9000 feet. THAT IS TWO AND A HALF FEET OF NEW SNOW IN THE NEXT 30 HOURS!
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Woman admits driving into Aspen pond, then crashing hotel van
- Aspen officials propose ‘mobility lab’ to alleviate traffic issues
- Glenn K. Beaton: Don’t fall for the college scam