On The Hill: Gondy open late, shred the gnar until 6pm on Ajax!
March 25, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the past 48 hours, and 4″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: Hey hey! Mid-day powder day! Heavy, wet snow varying in depth depending on the aspect, but at least 4 inches – all since 10am. Cold and breezy, some might even say “blower” conditions exist. High of 36°; low of 18° –and fresh, buckle-deep pow. Snow drifts and powder stashes on skier’s left of the mountain thanks to wild winds up to 30 mph. It’s a good day to don extra layers, face masks, handwarmers, etc.
Liftline status: POWDER DAY! Ajax open until 6 pm!
Snowcast: 70 percent chance of snow showers today. Tonight Scattered snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18°. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation overnight is 40%. New snow accumulation of around an inch.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- #AspenOnTheHill – Saturday on Aspen Mountain
- On The Hill: 12" new snow and bluebird on Aspen Mountain! Get out before it turns to mashed potatoes.
- On The Hill: Take a long strange trip through the Jerry Garcia shrine
- Floating through Northstar Nature Preserve
- On the Hil: Hiking the Little Cloud Trail in Aspen