On The Hill: Gettin’ faced on Bell by knee-deep pow!
March 30, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 11″ of new snow overnight, 18″ in the past 48 hours, and 23″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: POWDER DAY! The big dump overnight seems to have zapped the moisture out of the foot that fell yesterday, leaving almost two feet of dry, light powder to plunder. It’s a veritble powder playground out there right now.
Liftline status: POWDER DAY! Does it matter? OK – so, the real answer is that Aspen Mountain Silver Queen Gondola might be a five minute wait, at the MOST.
Snowcast: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West northwest wind around 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Saturday looks sunny, with more snow possible Sunday and Monday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Examining the "snirt" effect
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- On The Hill: Take a long strange trip through the Jerry Garcia shrine
- On The Hill: Waiting for new snow to fall? Take some hot laps in an ice kart
- On The Hill: Windy up top, storms on the horizon