On The Hill: Early turns, X Games and downtown concerts later
January 27, 2014
Aspen official report: No new snow in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: Aspen Mountain is starting to show the effects of the snowless period that we’ve been in for 10 days now. The snow is hardpacked and slick in spots in sunless areas. Once in the sun, things are pretty nice and soft on the groomers. Careful in the steeps and bumps though.
Liftline status: You’ll have Ajax almost all to yourself today.
Breakdown: Just a little event going on over at Buttermilk today. No biggie! Actually, with the whole world watching, and much of the local and visiting public attending the X Games at Buttermilk today it is a great day to make relatively crowdless turns on any of the other mountains, especially the Highlands and Ajax.
Snowcast: High’s in the low 40’s today. Chance of snow 30% tomorrow after 11am, following a weak disturbance in the high pressure system that has been sitting on us for almost two weeks now. Temps drop down in the mid-20’s on Tuesday, and there is a chance of snow on Wednesday and Thursday according to NOAA.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen
- President Trump shrine materializes in obscure nook on Aspen Mountain
- Basalt cops, state patrol mount special effort to get motorists’ attention on Highway 82
- Avalanche that killed Routt County man stretched 880 feet
- Gorsuch Haus developers eye new zone, lower heights