On The Hill: Don’t hang those powder boards up quite yet!
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 4″ of new snow overnight, 10″ in the past 48 hours, and 25″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: The official SkiCo snow report is LIGHT. There is at least 6″ (probably more) of new powder on Snowmass Ski area this morning, with more falling all day long.
Liftline status: Monday lift lines = breeze on through.
Breakdown: We are calling this (yet another) official powder day. Day 13 of this snowstorm, with more on the way tonight. It is a very warm, wet snow, so take care to stay above the layers if possible when turning.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning through 5pm tonight. Expect heavy snow today. There is a chance of clearing weather on Tuesday, then another 4 days of snow is expected Wednesday through Saturday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- On The Hill: Skiers Repent! The end (of the ski season) is upon us!
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- #AspenOnTheHill – biking the new Buttermilk Connector Trail
- #AspenOnTheHill – Boulder hopping