On The Hill: Creamsicle turns before an eventful weekend
March 22, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 1″ of new snow overnight, 1″ in the past 48 hours, and 5″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: Sunny, warm and very nice skiing with a high of 43°. Light breezes in the morning, but a storm is moving into the area this afternoon with light winds and an up to an inch of snow possible. It’s a good day to stash extra layers in case the storm does indeed move in during the day.
Liftline status: Very light liftlines.
Snowcast: 50 percent chance of snow showers this evening. Tonight Scattered snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18°. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow, chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation ofup to three inches is possible.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Woman admits driving into Aspen pond, then crashing hotel van
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Aspen officials propose ‘mobility lab’ to alleviate traffic issues
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle off Interstate 70