On the Hill: Cowboy up to the Snowmass Rodeo
July 10, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes the viewers all across the Roaring Fork Valley and surrounding wilderness for a new activity or adventure every summer day.
Aspen official report:At 41 years young, the Snowmass Rodeo is the oldest rodeo in Colorado, which speaks to the rich and storied ranching tradition in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Every Wednesday evening in the summer, cowboys and girls from all over the country descend on the aptly named Rodeo Lot in Snowmass to watch the bucking broncos, barrel racers, steer wrestlers, and of course, the rodeo clowns, work their magic on the crowds.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Carbondale robbery suspects arrested in Basalt, ending two-day manhunt
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Late drinking at Aspen club earns citation
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘Mr. Potato Head’ airport heading for big changes
- Aspen Princess: An unfair attack on the brave Mitzi Rapkin