On The Hill: Bundle up, powder hounds, it’s COLD!
February 21, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 6″ of new snow overnight, 6″ in the past 48 hours, and 7″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: Partly sunny, nose-nippingly chilly–17°; 11° wind chill–and fresh, boot-deep pow. Snow drifts and powder stashes on skier’s left of the mountain thanks to wild winds up to 30 mph. It’s a good day to don extra layers, face masks, handwarmers, etc.
Liftline status: POWDER DAY! But cold temps and strong winds could keep gapers at bay.
Snowcast: 20 percent chance of snow showers today. Tonight: Scattered snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7°. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Report details private jet’s fatal crash in Aspen
- New brewpub and Mezzaluna will open by spring in Willits Town Center
- Gywn’s High Alpine Restaurant in Snowmass reopens for season after $6 million facelift
- Aspen’s Main Street Bakery to close Thursday after 27 years
- Basalt river park proponents question transparency of foes