On The Hill: Aspen Mountain is for lovers
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report:2″ of new snow overnight, 2″ in the past 48 hours, and 21″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: A soft inch fell overnight, making the base even more buttery. Visibility is dim, with snow falling this morning and into the afternoon.
Liftline status: Very light liftlines. Come on, man! It’s Aspen!
Breakdown: It’s Valentine’s Day, so sneak your honey away for some quick mid-day turns!
Snowcast: There is a chance of snow through tomorrow, then things get warm very quickly. Highs will reach into the 50’s this weekend. We are tracking another storm mid-week, possibly arriving on Thursday of next week.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Beaton: Thelma and Louise and the Democrats
- Breaking news: Suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery eluding capture so far today in Basalt-area manhunt
- Aspen city spokeswoman gets political, takes on Sen. Cory Gardner
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen