On The Hill: A tale of two conditions: flurries and windy up top, sunny down below
March 15, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 8″ in the past week. Cloudy, light snow, highs 25-35, NW wind 5-15mph, packed powder/springlike.
Aspen Times field report: Cloudy and dark with snow flurries atop Aspen Mountain. Strong wind gusts make it seem colder than 25. Spots of sunshine at the base and not quite as windy. Packed powder with windblown icy spots. Bundle up, but stash sunglasses, just in case.
Liftline status: Moderate for Saturday
Snowcast: Scattered snow showers, total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Tonight: 20 percent chance of snow showers before 8pm. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Woman admits driving into Aspen pond, then crashing hotel van
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Aspen officials propose ‘mobility lab’ to alleviate traffic issues
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle off Interstate 70