On The Hill: A tale of two conditions: flurries and windy up top, sunny down below
March 15, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 8″ in the past week. Cloudy, light snow, highs 25-35, NW wind 5-15mph, packed powder/springlike.
Aspen Times field report: Cloudy and dark with snow flurries atop Aspen Mountain. Strong wind gusts make it seem colder than 25. Spots of sunshine at the base and not quite as windy. Packed powder with windblown icy spots. Bundle up, but stash sunglasses, just in case.
Liftline status: Moderate for Saturday
Snowcast: Scattered snow showers, total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Tonight: 20 percent chance of snow showers before 8pm. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Aspen home part of court order in race car driver fraud case
- Leashes advised for dogs on popular Basalt trail after coyote attack
- Witnesses, friends dispute Snowmass skier-collision lawsuit
- Aspen officers, passersby thwart attempted suicide from bridge
- Former Pitkin County Commissioner Fred Crowley dies