On The Hill: 7" fresh powder, brisk, and bluebird on Aspen Mountain
March 13, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2014
Aspen official report: 7″ of new snow overnight, 8″ in the past 48 hours, and 23″ in the past week. Sunny and clear, NW wind 5-15mph, highs 25-40, powder/packed powder.
Aspen Times field report: Sunny and brisk, light breeze, snow is fluffy in the trees and groomers are gorgeous.
Liftline status: No lines.
Snowcast: Tonight: mostly clear. Thursday: Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the 30s. No new snow predicted, according to the National Weather Service.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Restaurant industry vets ready to open Free Range Kitchen and Wine Bar in Basalt
- Lawsuit: Hecht lawyers secretly aired deposition
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Gaston sets course record in Summit for Life win
- Mountain Naturals health food store in Aspen Business Center to close after 21 years