On The Hill: 12" new snow and bluebird on Aspen Mountain! Get out before it turns to mashed potatoes.
March 11, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
SATURDAY, MARCH 8, 2014
Aspen official report: 12″ of new snow overnight, 12″ in the past 48 hours, and 26″ in the past week. Mostly sunny and clear, highs 30s-40, wind 7-17mph, powder/packed powder.
Aspen Times field report: Bluebird powder day! Sunny, and it’s warming up fast. Fresh snow is knee-deep in spots, but may turn thick later in the day as temps are expected to climb.
Liftline status: Quick lines–it’s Saturday and sunny in Aspen, after all.
Snowcast: Clear on Sunday, high of 52. 30% chance of snow on Monday night; 40% chance of snow on Tuesday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Skiers Repent! The end (of the ski season) is upon us!
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- #AspenOnTheHill – biking the new Buttermilk Connector Trail
- #AspenOnTheHill – Boulder hopping