Four wheeling in the hail above Ruedi Reservoir
September 14, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes the viewers all across the Roaring Fork Valley and surrounding wilderness for a new activity or adventure every summer day.
Aspen official report: Just above Ruedi Reservoir is a day use area called Freeman Mesa. Turn onto the dirt Forest Service Road and there are a few nice little four-wheel drive trails and some wilderness camping spots.
Aspen Times adventure correspondent Corby Anderson and his trusty navigator, Hondo, explore one of the trails and encounter a summer hail storm in this episode of On The Hill.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- #AspenOnTheHill – Tuesday, December 6th on Aspen Mountain
- #AspenOnTheHill – Saturday on Aspen Mountain
- On The Hill: 12" new snow and bluebird on Aspen Mountain! Get out before it turns to mashed potatoes.
- On The Hill: Examining the "snirt" effect
- On The Hill: Raucous debauchery and other scenes from the Highlands Closing Party
- Restaurant industry vets ready to open Free Range Kitchen and Wine Bar in Basalt
- Lawsuit: Hecht lawyers secretly aired deposition
- Construction starts Tuesday on 56-unit, affordable housing project in Basalt
- Mountain Naturals health food store in Aspen Business Center to close after 21 years
- Aspen pot receipt leads to theft arrest