Aspen Times On the Hill – Walk along the Rio Grande Trail.
July 1, 2014
Today’s activity: Commute to work via the Rio Grande Trail
Report: Under cloudless skies today I get to take advantage of one of the best aspects of living in Aspen, walking to work. A far cry from the sunways and taxis of New York City all of three years ago. We walk over the Roraing Fork River along the trail which extends from Aspen all the way to Glenwood paralleling Highway 82. The Rio Grande trail is an excellent trail for novice bikiing and hiking and allows great access for fisherman from all over the country.
Today’s forecast: A beautifil morning giving way to some cloud cover in the afternoon but zero percent chance of rain today. Temperatures in the low to mid 80’s on another warm day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Report details private jet’s fatal crash in Aspen
- Gywn’s High Alpine Restaurant in Snowmass reopens for season after $6 million facelift
- New brewpub and Mezzaluna will open by spring in Willits Town Center
- Aspen’s Main Street Bakery to close Thursday after 27 years
- Basalt river park proponents question transparency of foes