October 19, 2016
Robert died peacefully at home with his beloved wife Anna by his side, after a seven year battle with cancer and attended by caring staff at the Calaway-Young Cancer Center at Valley View Hospital.
Arriving to Aspen from Switzerland in 1968, he was a chef at the Red Onion, went on to open the Delice pastry shop and bakery and worked at the Timberline in Snowmass. In 1988 Robert started European Caterers, becoming a popular Aspen company for 20 years. In 1994 Robert married Anna and they became a team until retirement in 2008.
Once retired, Robert and Anna enjoyed travel and entertaining their many friends and enjoying their beautiful home and gardens.
Robert is survived by his wife Anna, sister Ruth, brothers Bruno and Sepp, sisters in-law Maria and Jadwiga and many nieces and nephews. We will miss him dearly. The family gives special thanks to the doctors and nurses of the Calaway-Young Cancer Center at Valley View Hospital and Home Care & Hospice of the Valley. Donations may be sent to Home Care & Hospice of the Valley, 1901 Grand Avenue, Ste 206, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.
A memorial service is planned for Thursday, October 27, from 3-6 PM at The Inn at Aspen, 38750 Highway 82 in Aspen.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Red Mountain home outside of Aspen nets $30 million
- Aspen candidates mull citizen’s proposal to open bus lanes to all vehicles
- Hotel Jerome work to last until next March
- Aspen mayoral candidate Lee Mulcahy high on cannabis meal
- NTSB concludes winds, pilot error led to fatal crash at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport