Lightning-sparked fire damages Vail home | AspenTimes.com

Lightning-sparked fire damages Vail home

The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

VAIL, Colo. ” Damage is estimated at a half-million dollars after lightning sparked a blaze at a Vail Valley home.

No injuries were reported in the fire that broke out Saturday.

Eagle River Fire Protection District Chief Charlie Moore says authorities received a 911 call after a resident of the home noticed smoke inside.

Firefighters found the lightning had ignited a fire inside some of the home’s structural supports. Moore says the lightning also blew apart a section of the stone chimney and send pieces flying up to 20 feet away.

Officials say the 7,800-square-foot home is worth about $4 million.

Recommended Stories For You

Go back to article