Blast levels Pueblo home; no one hurt | AspenTimes.com

Blast levels Pueblo home; no one hurt

The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

PUEBLO, Colo. ” Investigators are searching for the cause of an explosion that leveled a house in Pueblo and sparked fires at two nearby homes.

The Pueblo Fire Department says firefighters arrived on the scene about 9:30 a.m. Friday to find the home engulfed in flames. Two houses on either side of the leveled home also caught fire.

Authorities say no one was home at the time of the blast and no injuries have been reported.

Firefighters extinguished the blazes, but said the home that exploded was a total loss. Damage estimates for that home and the two adjacent homes weren’t immediately available.

A crew from Xcel Energy, which provides natural gas service in Pueblo, responded to the scene.

Recommended Stories For You

Go back to article