Doug Sheffer family announces services, donations
February 1, 2014
Editor's note: The following announcement was issued Thursday by the family of Doug Sheffer, who died Monday in a helicopter crash outside Silt.
The Sheffer family would like to express gratitude for the outpouring of love and affection that has come their way in honor of Doug. While they spend the next few days celebrating Doug's life with family and close friends, know that they also are working hard to find ways to include everyone who wants to celebrate his life. Please be patient and respect their privacy during this time.
Everyone is warmly welcomed to attend the following events as they are able and inspired:
• Feb. 8, 11 a.m., Garfield Regional Airport, Rifle. Potluck lunch to follow.
• March or April, to be announced. Gathering for skiing friends.
• May 18, 2 p.m., Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork, 16543 Highway 82, Carbondale.
Tax deductable donations may be made in his honor to the following organizations:
• Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork, 16543 Old Highway 82, Carbondale, CO 81623, waldorfschoolrf.org
• Garfield County Search and Rescue Inc., P.O. Box 1116 Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
• Mountain Rescue Aspen, 630 West Main St., Aspen, CO 81611, MountainRescueAspen.org/support-MRA
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Deputy: Loose boulder caused Capitol Peak climber’s fall, death
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Grieving mom wants Aspen to confront youth drug addiction
- David Perry leaving Aspen Skiing Co. for new affiliated ski conglomerate