Since the first Winter X Games in Aspen in 2002, the action-sports spectacular has always brought a vitality and spirit to town. Adding a cultural element to the weekend with private events like the Powder Magazine Awards in the past, art exhibitions like Illume in 2007 on Aspen Mountain, private house parties like Target House or the Oakley Penthouse and concerts like the ones last weekend in Wagner Park with Matt & Kim; French band Phoenix; Axwell, of Swedish House Mafia; and global DJ Tiesto, the whole experience is really multidimensional. Congratulations to Aspen/Snowmass and everyone involved to bring the games back till 2019.
The X factor
Trending in: News
- Friend of injured Aspen climber creates fund to help with hospital bills
- Skye Skinner, executive director of Aspen Community School, leads $13 million renovation
- Illegal hotel stay in Aspen leads to jail term for homeless man
- Roaring Fork Valley-area school districts focus on technology integration
- Aspen police official provides kidney to sheriff’s deputy’s daughter