Since the first Winter X Games in Aspen in 2002, the action-sports spectacular has always brought a vitality and spirit to town. Adding a cultural element to the weekend with private events like the Powder Magazine Awards in the past, art exhibitions like Illume in 2007 on Aspen Mountain, private house parties like Target House or the Oakley Penthouse and concerts like the ones last weekend in Wagner Park with Matt & Kim; French band Phoenix; Axwell, of Swedish House Mafia; and global DJ Tiesto, the whole experience is really multidimensional. Congratulations to Aspen/Snowmass and everyone involved to bring the games back till 2019.
- From great skiing to booze consumption, Aspen cracks many lists
- Aspen 'extreme' plan ends with felony charge
- Aspen Times Weekly: On the Scene in Indy
- Texas man faces drug, domestic violence charges after incident in Aspen hotel room
- Behind the scenes, the wax room keeps winternational running smooth