The Aspen Art Museum’s winter benefit on Dec. 28 brought the organization’s patrons, trustees and members together along with art enthusiasts and fashionistas for an apres-ski event extraordinaire. This year’s signature holiday soiree was presented by title sponsor Loro Piana and presenting sponsors Phillips, Gavel Grand, JPMorgan Chase, St. Regis Aspen and Aspen magazine, with Jonathan Lee, Adam Lewis and Amnon Rodan as co-chairmen. Following the silent and live auctions, the talented singer-songwriter and composer Rufus Wainwright took his place at the piano, crooning favorites for the crowd intermixed with his witty commentary and perspectives. Save the date for ArtCrush 2014 on Aug. 1, honoring contemporary artist Ernesto Neto, this year’s recipient of the Aspen Award for Art. For more information on museum news and events, visit www.aspenartmuseum.org.
- Aspen is third U.S. city to reach 100% renewable energy
- Myrin showing why he's lone wolf on Aspen City Council
- Mountain Characters: Mailman Terry Trish steps down after 38 years on the Aspen beat
- 2015 Aspen Filmfest lineup announced
- Doctor's attorney wants Aspen Highlands hit and run skier accountable in negligence suit