The Aspen Art Museum’s winter benefit on Dec. 28 brought the organization’s patrons, trustees and members together along with art enthusiasts and fashionistas for an apres-ski event extraordinaire. This year’s signature holiday soiree was presented by title sponsor Loro Piana and presenting sponsors Phillips, Gavel Grand, JPMorgan Chase, St. Regis Aspen and Aspen magazine, with Jonathan Lee, Adam Lewis and Amnon Rodan as co-chairmen. Following the silent and live auctions, the talented singer-songwriter and composer Rufus Wainwright took his place at the piano, crooning favorites for the crowd intermixed with his witty commentary and perspectives. Save the date for ArtCrush 2014 on Aug. 1, honoring contemporary artist Ernesto Neto, this year’s recipient of the Aspen Award for Art. For more information on museum news and events, visit www.aspenartmuseum.org.
Trending in: News
- Friend of injured Aspen climber creates fund to help with hospital bills
- Skye Skinner, executive director of Aspen Community School, leads $13 million renovation
- Illegal hotel stay in Aspen leads to jail term for homeless man
- Woman’s death leads to citation of Basalt bartender by state liquor board
- Roaring Fork Valley-area school districts focus on technology integration