A Sunday afternoon fire caused “moderate structural damage” to a residence on Emma Road in Basalt, according to the Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District.
The fire, said to have been caused by an occupant running a skill saw underneath the structure, also caused minimal smoke damage, the district said.
“A spark caught sawdust on fire and the homeowner was unable to extinguish the fire with a garden hose,” a statement said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 2:58 p.m. They arrived within six minutes, the district said.
Six vehicles and 14 firefighters were used to battle the blaze, according to the district. No injuries were reported.
Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District and Aspen Fire Protection District assisted, the Basalt district said.