Red Brick to host Valley Art Auction
January 12, 2017
The Red Brick Center for the Arts will present the second annual Valley Art Auction on Tuesday, welcoming the public for an auction of artwork by Roaring Fork Valley artists to benefit the Red Brick.
The event will run from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Red Brick. The silent and live auctions are a fundraiser for the Red Brick, with all proceeds benefiting arts education and outreach. It's free and open to the public and will feature live music from Carbondale's Valley Musico, beverages, and food compliments of European Catering.
Attendees and bidders also will have the opportunity to win an evening at Cedar Ridge, including a catered dinner in the rustic stable with drinks for eight at the elegant Cedar Ridge Ranch in Missouri Heights.
The nonprofit revived the auction in 2016 after a four-year hiatus. Last year's auctions featured more than 70 works by local artists, with bidding starting on the low end at $25 and on the high end at $500.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Entertainment
- 5Point Film Fest: Local filmmakers share Max Grange’s inspirational story
- Aspen Music Festival announces ‘enchanted’ 2017 summer season
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Roaring Fork Youth Orchestra stages spring concert
- ‘Energy Confessional’ comes to Aspen Center for Environmental Studies for Earth Day
- Man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer found on scene of Blue Lake deaths
- What’s the Big Deal: $15 million for King Street home in Aspen
- Wonder what Basalt is thinking? Visit the barbershop
- Aspen Skiing Co. execs say ski resorts will retain independence after mega-deals