Red Brick to host Valley Art Auction
January 12, 2017
The Red Brick Center for the Arts will present the second annual Valley Art Auction on Tuesday, welcoming the public for an auction of artwork by Roaring Fork Valley artists to benefit the Red Brick.
The event will run from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Red Brick. The silent and live auctions are a fundraiser for the Red Brick, with all proceeds benefiting arts education and outreach. It’s free and open to the public and will feature live music from Carbondale’s Valley Musico, beverages, and food compliments of European Catering.
Attendees and bidders also will have the opportunity to win an evening at Cedar Ridge, including a catered dinner in the rustic stable with drinks for eight at the elegant Cedar Ridge Ranch in Missouri Heights.
The nonprofit revived the auction in 2016 after a four-year hiatus. Last year’s auctions featured more than 70 works by local artists, with bidding starting on the low end at $25 and on the high end at $500.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Entertainment
- A new era in a historic space: Plans for Aspen’s former Main Street Bakery building
- West End rental scam targets particular Aspen home
- UPDATE: Denver man found dead at Breckenridge Ski Resort Friday, Jan. 13
- Basalt burglary suspect turns himself in, bonds out of Eagle County Jail
- Burglars pry open Aspen bakery’s safe, steal cash