Basalt library to host one-woman show Thursday
June 7, 2017
Breast cancer survivor, psychiatrist and Harvard Medical School professor Nancy Rappaport will perform her one-woman show "Regeneration" on Thursday evening at the Basalt Regional Library.
The performance marks the Western premiere of the show, written and performed by Rappaport. The performance is schedule to begin at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $10, available at the door. All proceeds will go to the library for the purchase of books.
Diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2015 at age 55, Rappaport began writing recovery contemplations that became "Regeneration."
A child and adolescent psychiatrist, Rappaport previously published an investigative memoir about her mother's suicide titled "In Her Wake." The new one-woman show is part play and part poetry about mortality and her pink ribbon journey. It marks Rappaport's acting debut.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Aspen Chapel Gallery’s 4 Rivers Biennial showcases local artists
- Teton Gravity Research’s ‘Rogue Elements’ documents a weird winter in Jackson Hole and beyond
- Bumper Jacksons headline Wheeler Opera House’s On the Rise series
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Peach’s Cafe to expand, Aspen Brewing Co., Overeasy eyeing new homes
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- Aspen artist Mulcahy to ask Supreme Court to hear housing case