Basalt library to host one-woman show Thursday
June 7, 2017
Breast cancer survivor, psychiatrist and Harvard Medical School professor Nancy Rappaport will perform her one-woman show "Regeneration" on Thursday evening at the Basalt Regional Library.
The performance marks the Western premiere of the show, written and performed by Rappaport. The performance is schedule to begin at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $10, available at the door. All proceeds will go to the library for the purchase of books.
Diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2015 at age 55, Rappaport began writing recovery contemplations that became "Regeneration."
A child and adolescent psychiatrist, Rappaport previously published an investigative memoir about her mother's suicide titled "In Her Wake." The new one-woman show is part play and part poetry about mortality and her pink ribbon journey. It marks Rappaport's acting debut.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lisa Fischer, out of the shadow of the Rolling Stones and onto the stage at Jazz Aspen
- Aspen Ideas Fest staging Robert Schenkkan’s Trump dystopia ‘Building the Wall’
- Recovering from a near tragedy and preparing for 50th anniversary, Tower of Power headlines Jazz Aspen June Experience
- Miike Snow returns to Belly Up Aspen
- Starring in Theatre Aspen’s ‘Hairspray,’ young actress finds more than a great role