Organist Marek Kudlicki to play Aspen on Wed.
November 29, 2016
Polish organist Marek Kudlicki will give a free organ recital at the Aspen Community Church at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Kudlicki's diverse program on his annual coast-to-coast American tour ranges from before Bach through Cesar Franck and will feature works by Polish composers. He won the first prize and the special prize of the Polish Ministry of Culture and Art in Poland's national organ competition in 1973.
Since then he has been engaged in artistic activities including performing Europe, the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan. He has often appeared at international festivals as a performer and judge for organ competitions. His numerous performances have been presented in conjunction with well-known concert series in various music centers.
Though the concert is free, donations are welcome.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- Aspen artist Mulcahy to ask Supreme Court to hear housing case
- What’s the Big Deal: $11.25 million gets Castle Creek home outside of Aspen