Staff report
Snowmass Sun
Snowmass Village, CO, Colorado

Back to: News
March 12, 2013
Follow News

Fire Calls, March 4-10

SNOWMASS VILLAGE - The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following 911 calls between March 4 and 10.

March 4:

• Medical call to 105 Daly Lane - Snowmass Clinic - Chest Pain - One person was transported emergent to Valley View Hospital.

• Mutual Aid from Aspen Ambulance to 198 Gallun Lane the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a back injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 171 Burnt Mountain Circle the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from an arm injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Carbon Monoxide Alarm at 74 Martingale Lane. The cause of the alarm was a detector malfunction. No carbon monoxide was detected.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 100 Elbert Lane the Westin 7th floor corridor. The cause of the alarm was water in a detector.

• Carbon Monoxide Alarm at 130 Wood Road the Viceroy Unit #533. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a battery problem or system malfunction.

• Citizen Assist to 365 Wood Road, Lot C for a car stuck behind a chained fence. The chain per Snowmass Police Department.

• Automatic Fire Alarm at 172 Deer Ridge Lane. The cause of the alarm was smoke from the fireplace. The smoke was removed and the alarm reset.

March 5:

• Flow alarm at the Elk Camp Restaurant/Gondola Building. The cause of the alarm was a broken sprinkler head.

• Medical call to the Gallun Lane Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from back and neck pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to the Timbers Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a possible stroke. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to the Gallun Lane Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a head injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Public assist to 640 Carriage Way. The crew assisted an invalid inside.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 70 Commons Circle Unit #205. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Medical call to 855 Carriage Way Unit #207 for a person suffering from a rapid heartbeat. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

March 6:

• Heat Alarm at 58 Fox Lane. The cause of the alarm was painters on scene who removed a detector.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 476 Wood Road the Chamonix C Bldg 1st Floor. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a system malfunction.

• Structure Fire at 86 Oak Ridge Lane. A heat tape on the roof had caught fire and was extinguished.

• Medical call to 300 Carriage Way the Stonebridge Restaurant for a person who had fainted. Our response was cancelled in route, no patient was found upon arrival.

March 7:

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 35 Lower Woodbridge Road the Season's Four Condos Unit #M147. The cause of the alarm was steam from a shower.

• Medical call to 198 Gallun Lane the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a possible closed head injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 198 Gallun Lane the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a possible closed head injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 211 Pine Crest Drive for a person suffering from abnormal breathing. The patient refused treatment. No transportation was needed.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 690 Carriage Way the Timberline Condo's. The cause of the alarm was steam from the steam room.

March 8:

• Medical call to 4250 Divide Road the Krabloonik Kennels for a dogsled rollover. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 70 Club Commons Circle Unit #308. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Pull Station Alarm at 24/31 Burnt Mountain Circle. The cause of the alarm was an accidental activation by the cleaning crew on site.

March 9:

• Carbon Monoxide Alarm at 425 Wood Road the Woodrun Place Condos. We detected 18 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the parking garage. Someone was warming up their car. On scene management ventilated the garage.

• Medical call to 198 Gallun Lane the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a lower leg injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 34 Steller Lane. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Low temperature alarm at 84 Pine Lane in the master bathroom. Property management met us at the address and found an open window in the master bathroom. The window was closed and the alarm reset.

March 10:

• Medical call to the Gallun Lane Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from nausea. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 400 Wood Road the Crestwood Condos. The cause of the alarm was an accidental pull station activation.

• Automatic Fire Alarm to 400 Wood Road the Crestwood Condos Unit #2213. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Low temperature alarm at 84 Pine Lane. Our response was cancelled while we were in route.


Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

The Aspen Times Updated Mar 12, 2013 05:50PM Published Mar 12, 2013 05:43PM Copyright 2013 The Aspen Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.