SNOWMASS VILLAGE - Pictured are a number of teams of horses and wagons filled with potato sacks, standing next to the Denver & Rio Grande train cars. Taken Feb. 26, 1921 near Old Snowmass, the train cars are waiting at the Wheatly switch to be loaded with potatoes, either seed potatoes for the upcoming spring planting or the last of the previous fall's crop. Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historic photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to email@example.com or call 970-925-3721.
Loading the train
Trending in: News
- Carbon monoxide alarms taking a toll on Aspen volunteer firefighters
- Friend of injured Aspen climber creates fund to help with hospital bills
- Aspen police official provides kidney to sheriff’s deputy’s daughter
- Roaring Fork Valley-area school districts focus on technology integration
- Aspen man injured in fall near Capitol peak