SNOWMASS VILLAGE - Pictured are a number of teams of horses and wagons filled with potato sacks, standing next to the Denver & Rio Grande train cars. Taken Feb. 26, 1921 near Old Snowmass, the train cars are waiting at the Wheatly switch to be loaded with potatoes, either seed potatoes for the upcoming spring planting or the last of the previous fall's crop. Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historic photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-925-3721.
- More details emerge about X Games weekend arrests
- Aspen cafe sues landlord over construction, eviction threats
- Mark Hunt’s Base1 proposal continued to February at Aspen City Council
- Shadowrock project reignited in El Jebel after rough road in recession
- Carbondale man faces charges for killing four mule deer