SNOWMASS VILLAGE - Pictured are a number of teams of horses and wagons filled with potato sacks, standing next to the Denver & Rio Grande train cars. Taken Feb. 26, 1921 near Old Snowmass, the train cars are waiting at the Wheatly switch to be loaded with potatoes, either seed potatoes for the upcoming spring planting or the last of the previous fall's crop. Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historic photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-925-3721.
Loading the train
Trending in: News
- Mother sues Basalt doctor for son’s wrongful death
- Nardi takes the stand, claims accuser was the abuser
- Basalt Burger joint, Carbondale brewer team in ‘tap takeover’
- Aspen bartender Peter Nardi found guilty of sexual assault, other charges
- Their Generation: Jim and Bianca Hooker look back at a life of service