SNOWMASS - Preregistration is under way for the Mother of All Ascensions, an annual uphill-race that will take place Feb. 12 at Snowmass.Participants can preregister at Base Camp & Grill in Snowmass Village, the Ute Mountaineer in Aspen, Bristlecone Mountain Sports in Basalt, Independence Run and Hike in Carbondale and Summit Canyon Mountaineering in Glenwood Springs.Also, Tuesday is the deadline to register if participants want a race T-shirt, which costs an extra $20. The $20 pre-registration closes at 6 p.m. Friday. Race-day registration is $25.The race starts at 7 a.m. at the base of Fanny Hill and finishes at Gwen's High Alpine restaurant. A raffle will follow.For more information or to download entry forms, visit the "events" section at www.snowmasstourism.com.
- By any name, terrain west of Aspen Mountain can be dangerous for slides
- Aspen, Snowmass Village post offices in dire need of workers
- One year later, Nancy Pfister murder case felt in Aspen
- Developer ready to discuss Basalt hotel plan with council, public in March
- Avalanche victim was longtime Aspen resident Marty Gancsos