SNOWMASS - Preregistration is under way for the Mother of All Ascensions, an annual uphill-race that will take place Feb. 12 at Snowmass.Participants can preregister at Base Camp & Grill in Snowmass Village, the Ute Mountaineer in Aspen, Bristlecone Mountain Sports in Basalt, Independence Run and Hike in Carbondale and Summit Canyon Mountaineering in Glenwood Springs.Also, Tuesday is the deadline to register if participants want a race T-shirt, which costs an extra $20. The $20 pre-registration closes at 6 p.m. Friday. Race-day registration is $25.The race starts at 7 a.m. at the base of Fanny Hill and finishes at Gwen's High Alpine restaurant. A raffle will follow.For more information or to download entry forms, visit the "events" section at www.snowmasstourism.com.
- Major New York brokerage buys Aspen real estate firm
- Aspen’s Explore Booksellers under contract to sell for $4.6 million
- Art and fashion celebrate 10 years of Windwalkers at Aspen benefit
- Aspen lane closure creates massive gridlock on Main Street
- On The Hill: Test driving hotrod Kästle's before the holiday onslaught