SNOWMASS - Preregistration is under way for the Mother of All Ascensions, an annual uphill-race that will take place Feb. 12 at Snowmass.Participants can preregister at Base Camp & Grill in Snowmass Village, the Ute Mountaineer in Aspen, Bristlecone Mountain Sports in Basalt, Independence Run and Hike in Carbondale and Summit Canyon Mountaineering in Glenwood Springs.Also, Tuesday is the deadline to register if participants want a race T-shirt, which costs an extra $20. The $20 pre-registration closes at 6 p.m. Friday. Race-day registration is $25.The race starts at 7 a.m. at the base of Fanny Hill and finishes at Gwen's High Alpine restaurant. A raffle will follow.For more information or to download entry forms, visit the "events" section at www.snowmasstourism.com.
- Fire destroys Fort Frog cabin on Buttermilk Mountain
- Aspen Mountain to open for skiing and riding Memorial Day Weekend
- Aspen Fire Chief: Fort Frog fire on Buttermilk Mountain appears accidental, human-caused
- Forest Service aims to seal old Aspen mines, demolish illegal structures
- Mountain characters: Latching on to the good life