SNOWMASS VILLAGE -Oregon craftsman Karl Burkheimer is the next visiting artist to work in residence at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center.The head of the wood department at Oregon College of Art and Craft, Burkheimer will stay onsite for three weeks, meeting with artists enrolled in the January immersive session, according to the Ranch. Burkheimer will also produce a work during his visit, which will be displayed at an opening Jan. 22. The opening will be the first of a two-part exhibition series that will involve dialogue with gallery director Jenene Nagy and collaboration with artists John Lloyd, Jason Schneider and Josh Smith. A reception for the resulting collaborative piece will be March 5. Burkheimer's solo work will be exhibited from Jan. 17 to Feb. 22. Gallery openings at Anderson Ranch are free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. To make a reservation for dinner at the Ranch Caf after an opening, call 970-923-3181.
Woodworker is next visiting artist at Ranch
Trending in: News
- Mother sues Basalt doctor for son’s wrongful death
- Nardi takes the stand, claims accuser was the abuser
- Basalt Burger joint, Carbondale brewer team in ‘tap takeover’
- Their Generation: Jim and Bianca Hooker look back at a life of service
- Aspen bartender Peter Nardi found guilty of sexual assault, other charges