Staff report
Snowmass Village, CO, Colorado

Back to: News
January 8, 2013
Follow News

Fire Calls, Dec. 31-Jan. 2

SNOWMASS VILLAGE --The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following 911 calls between Dec. 31, 2012 and Jan. 2.

December 31:

• Medical call to 105 Daly Lane the Snowmass Clinic for a person suffering from a fractured humorous. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Pull station alarm at 400 Wood Road the Crestwood Condos, Dogwood Building. Someone had maliciously set off the alarm system.

• Automatic fire alarm at 48 Summit Lane. The cause of the alarm was a closed flu in fire place causing smoke in the home.

• Automatic fire alarm at 52 Club Commons Circle, Unit 101. The cause of the alarm was steam from a shower.

• Medical call to 40 Elbert Lane the Wildwood Lodge Unit #335 for a person suffering from abdominal pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic fire alarm at 76 Elbert Lane, the Westin Conference Center. The cause of the alarm was a system malfunction.

• Fire call to the Snowmass Golf Course area for a report of illegal fireworks. Nothing was found.

• Mutual aid to Aspen Ambulance at 119 East Cooper Ave., the Winfield Arms, for an unconscious person. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to Base Camp at 73 Wood Road for an unconscious person. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

January 1:

• Automatic fire alarm at the Crestwood Condos Unit #1110. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Automatic fire alarm at the Timberline Condos Unit #D2H. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Medical call to the Snowmass Clinic for a skier who had collided with another skier. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic Fire alarm at 52 Commons Circle Unit #304. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Medical call to 1 Snowmass Village Mall, Gorsuch, for a person who had slipped and fallen. One person was evaluated. The person refused transportation to Aspen Valley Hospital by ambulance. He went to the hospital by private vehicle.

• Automatic fire alarm at the Tamarack Condos Bldg 2 Unit 7. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Automatic fire alarm at Wood Run Townhomes Bldg 5 Unit 15. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

• Medical call to Woodbridge Condos Unit #22E for a person who had fainted. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to the Pokolodi Lodge Unit #316 for a person feeling dizzy post wrist surgery. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

January 2:

• Medical call to 1 Timbers Club Court the Ski Patrol pickup point for a person suffering from a hip injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 1 Timbers Club Court the Ski Patrol pick-up point for a person suffering from a neck injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 198 Gallun Lane the Ski Patrol pickup point. No patient was contacted. They refused care on scene with ski patrol.

• Medical call to 40 Elbert Lane the Wildwood Unit #207 for a sick child. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic fire alarm at 400 Wood Road, the Crestwood Condos. The cause of the alarm was an electric kettle that was placed on the stove causing the plastic to melt and create smoke.


Explore Related Articles

The Aspen Times Updated Jan 8, 2013 05:34PM Published Jan 8, 2013 05:27PM Copyright 2013 The Aspen Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.