SNOWMASS VILLAGE -The Snowmass Village Town Council gave informal approval for the Marketing, Group Sales & Events Board to continue with plans to make big changes to the Chili Pepper & Brew Fest. Board member Fred Brodsky, also group sales director for Snowmass Tourism, said the committee has hired Steve Gumble, who produces the Telluride Blues and Brews Festival, to manage the Snowmass event. Brodsky said Gumble will be allowed to take ownership of the event and possibly rebrand it. The plan is to have a beer and chili tasting Friday night on the Mall, and then some live shows in bars and restaurants in that part of the town. On the second day, Brodsky would like the event to shift into Town Park. The event might even allow for camping in parts of Town Park. The festival, which traditionally kicks off the summer season, is scheduled for June 7-8.
Marketing board looking to change chili fest
Trending in: News
- Schools, border, health care highlight GOP talk in Aspen
- Private aircraft skids off runway at Aspen airport; no injuries
- Explosion in overnight use creates parking problem at Maroon Lake
- Would marijuana clubs tarnish the Aspen brand?
- Police trace Basalt woman’s steps on night of fatal pedestrian accident