SNOWMASS VILLAGE -The Snowmass Village Town Council gave informal approval for the Marketing, Group Sales & Events Board to continue with plans to make big changes to the Chili Pepper & Brew Fest. Board member Fred Brodsky, also group sales director for Snowmass Tourism, said the committee has hired Steve Gumble, who produces the Telluride Blues and Brews Festival, to manage the Snowmass event. Brodsky said Gumble will be allowed to take ownership of the event and possibly rebrand it. The plan is to have a beer and chili tasting Friday night on the Mall, and then some live shows in bars and restaurants in that part of the town. On the second day, Brodsky would like the event to shift into Town Park. The event might even allow for camping in parts of Town Park. The festival, which traditionally kicks off the summer season, is scheduled for June 7-8.
- Major New York brokerage buys Aspen real estate firm
- Aspen’s Explore Booksellers under contract to sell for $4.6 million
- Aspen lane closure creates massive gridlock on Main Street
- Art and fashion celebrate 10 years of Windwalkers at Aspen benefit
- On The Hill: Test driving hotrod Kästle's before the holiday onslaught