Staff Report
Snowmass Village, CO Colorado

Back to: News
November 20, 2012
Follow News

Fire shuts down Medicine Bow Road temporarily

Fire and rescue personnel responding to a dumpster fire on Medicine Bow Road Nov. 17 had to temporarily shut down the street to safely monitor the flames.

Rick Balentine, deputy chief of Aspen Fire, said the contents of the garbage were mostly burned by the time responders arrived on scene, but the most likely cause was hot ashes dumped in the shed. There was no evidence of arson or foul play, he said. The fire completely destroyed the dumpster shed, which belonged to Brush Creek Village.

Two engines from Aspen Fire, one ambulance from Aspen Ambulance District and personnel from Pitkin County Sheriff's Office responded.

Stories you may be interested in

The Aspen Times Updated Nov 20, 2012 04:28PM Published Nov 20, 2012 04:27PM Copyright 2012 The Aspen Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.