SNOWMASS VILLAGE -"Too High" claimed the caption to an article in the Snowmass section of the Aspen Times Oct. 23, 1986. It went on to explain that "the Aspen Skiing Co received permission from the town council to build a platter pull lift for first-time skiers near the base of Lift 2. The temporary use permit is good for one year. According to the Skiing Co, it wants to be prepared in the case that the new Fanny Hill lift, because of its increased length, does not serve first-time skiers effectively." A history repeated with the Skittle gondola when the new Fanny Hill lift was extended in 2007.Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historic photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to email@example.com or call 970-925-3721.
- Price of Paradise: The exhausting path to a tragedy
- Snowmass man to Aspen cop: 'Of course' that's coke up my nose
- Aspen Hall of Fame inductee Tom Anderson passes away at age 78
- Roots of Aspen School District Question 3A go back five years
- Aspen mompreneurs' war on static gets Martha Stewart's attention