Staff report
Snowmass Village, CO, Colorado

Back to: News
October 30, 2012
Follow News

Fire calls, Oct. 22-28

SNOWMASS VILLAGE - The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following 911 calls between Oct. 22 and Oct. 28.

October 22:

• Fire call to 84 Carriage Way - Base Village Building 7 for a flow alarm. It was determined that a contractor had drilled through a pipe that they didn't know was charged.

• Fire call to 82 Carriage Way - Base Village Building 7 for a flow alarm. It was determined that the contractors were trying to get the alarm system back online.

October 23:

• Fire call to 1777 Wood Road for a carbon monoxide alarm. Our crews found 32 parts per million of CO inside the residence. We turned the incident over to Source Gas and property management personnel.

• Automatic fire alarm call to 777 Faraway Road. It was determined that the alarm was activated by possible steam from a shower, no other hazards were found.

October 24:

• Automatic fire alarm to the ski company's top gondola building. It was determined that the alarm system was being tested and no fire department response was needed.

October 25:

• Automatic fire alarm to 265 Carriage Way the Willows G Building. It was determined that a construction worker had activated a pull station with his coat as he walked by.

• Automatic fire alarm to 70 Commons Circle, Unit #308. It was determined that a cooking error caused a smoke detector to activate.

October 26:

• Medical call to 4000 Brush Creek Road Unit #14 for a person suffering from neck pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

October 27:

• Automatic fire alarm to 1001 Divide Road. It was determined that an electricians soldering wires together near a detector created a smoke condition that set off the alarm.

• Fire call to 1112 Hawk Ridge Lane for an unattended cooking fire. The fire was confined to the pot and extinguished. The residence was ventilated.

• Medical call to 28 Pinto Circle for a person suffering from wrist trauma. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to the Aspenwood Condos Unit #K13 for a person feeling dizzy and vomiting. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Automatic fire alarm at the Snowmass Chapel Community Center. It was determined that smoke from a smoke machine set up for a haunted house had caused the system to activate.

October 28:

• Automatic fire alarm to 100 Elbert Lane. It was determined that overspray from painting activated a smoke detector.


Explore Related Articles

The Aspen Times Updated Oct 30, 2012 05:23PM Published Oct 30, 2012 05:22PM Copyright 2012 The Aspen Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.