ASPEN - A full-scale airport emergency drill will be held at the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport on Sept. 8 between 9:45 and 11 a.m. This exercise is required by the Federal Aviation Administration every three years to test the ability of systems, people and equipment in place to respond to a major incident at the airport. Passers-by can expect to see emergency vehicles, first responders and realistic looking victims during the exercise. The emergency drill will be staged near the southeast corner of the airport terminal. Regular airport operations and flights will not be affected. For more information call 970-429-2852.
Airport to run emergency drill
Trending in: News
- Carbon monoxide alarms taking a toll on Aspen volunteer firefighters
- Friend of injured Aspen climber creates fund to help with hospital bills
- Aspen police official provides kidney to sheriff’s deputy’s daughter
- Roaring Fork Valley-area school districts focus on technology integration
- Aspen man injured in fall near Capitol peak