ASPEN - A full-scale airport emergency drill will be held at the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport on Sept. 8 between 9:45 and 11 a.m. This exercise is required by the Federal Aviation Administration every three years to test the ability of systems, people and equipment in place to respond to a major incident at the airport. Passers-by can expect to see emergency vehicles, first responders and realistic looking victims during the exercise. The emergency drill will be staged near the southeast corner of the airport terminal. Regular airport operations and flights will not be affected. For more information call 970-429-2852.
- Snowmass reaps 66 inches of snow over last 13 days
- Alleged drunken hospital incident leads to nixed plea deal
- Aspen-area public bus drivers vote to join union
- Major projects planned on Highway 133 between Carbondale and Redstone
- Bighorn sheep event returns for second, and possibly final, year in Basalt