SNOWMASS VILLAGE - Sixteen Snowmass Village Rotary Club members were recognized as Paul Harris Fellows at their Aug. 22 meeting, at which District Governor Carla Vauthrin presented the awards. The Paul Harris Foundation, named for Rotary's founder, was created to eradicate polio throughout the world. Members who donate $1,000 or more to the foundation are eligible for the recognition. The honorees were, from left, Cynthia Berecek, Dick Stumpf, Assistant District Governor P.J. Jaycox, Phil Sirianni, Randy Woods, Allen Adger, District Governor Carla Vauthrin, Robert De Wetter, Markey Butler, Russ Forrest, Bruce Baker, George Hart (in front), Greg Rulon, Jack Kennedy, Steve Sewell, Bob Purvis, Pete Strecker (in back) and Steve Santomo.
- Avalanche info center issues final report on fatal Aspen slide
- Plea deal struck for Aspen student in February marijuana arrest
- Study doesn’t deter Aspen officials’ concerns about youth drug use
- Glenwood area mountain biking potential abounds in new plan
- Aspen plea deal yanked following woman’s California arrest