CARBONDALE - Slow Food Roaring Fork/Aspen and chef/owner Mark Fischer of Restaurant Six89 are sponsoring the ninth annual Summer Harvest Social on Aug. 27 at 689 Main St. in Carbondale. The evening, a benefit for Slow Food Roaring Fork, features a lineup of Colorado chefs, including Will Nolan of Eight K in Snowmass Village, each preparing a course highlighting and inspired by local ingredients.
Cash bar and silent auction begin at
6 p.m., and dinner begins promptly at 7 p.m. The price is $115 for Slow Food Roaring Fork/Aspen members and $135 for nonmembers, comprising dinner, wine pairings, taxes and gratuities. Reservations are by ticket sales only. To purchase tickets, visit www.slowfoodroaringfork.com or www.six89.com.
A gift of $25 or more makes you a member of Slow Food Roaring Fork/Aspen and the national association and international movement. For $60, a membership includes special offers, informative newsletters and discounts on events. To join Slow Food, visit www.slowfoodroaringfork.com.
This year's lineup includes the following Colorado chefs:
• Barclay Dodge, Pacifica, Aspen; www.pacificaaspen.com
• Alex Seidel, Fruition, Denver; www.fruitionrestaurant.com
• Frank Bonanno, Mizuna, et al, Denver; www.mizunadenver.com
• Lon Symensma, Cholon, Denver; www.cholon.com
• Jim Butchart, Aspen Skiing Co.,
• Will Nolan, Eight K at Viceroy Snowmass; www.viceroysnowmass.com
• Bryce Orblom, Restaurant Six89, Carbondale; www.six89.com
• John Chad Little, The Pullman, Glenwood Springs; www.thepullmangws.com
All proceeds from the event will benefit Slow Food Roaring Fork/Aspen, the local chapter of Slow Food USA, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of traditional and artisan foods and the advocacy of sustainability.
For more information about the event, contact Tom Passavant at Slow Food Roaring Fork, 970-963-6205 or email email@example.com.