SNOWMASS VILLAGE - The occupancy rate for the month of June averaged about 29 percent as of May 31, according to a report issued by the Mountain Travel Research Program on June 14. That indicates a 52 percent increase from the occupancy rate in June 2011. Reservations as of that date indicated 60 percent occupancy for June 14, the eve of the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. The report indicates 52 percent occupancy for June 21, as well as 48 percent already for July 15. The month of May saw a slight increase of 0.6 percent from the same month last year. The average daily rate also rose by 12.9 percent. According to another MTRiP report, on-the-books occupancy at 16 participating western mountain destinations is up 16.2 percent for June and 17.7 percent for the next six months.
- Colorado Supreme Court rules against private streams
- Gold mine eyed near Independence Pass summit, east of Aspen
- Report exposes Snowmass councilman's conduct in jail
- Developer looks to build Four Seasons at base of Aspen's Shadow Mountain
- Review: Rodrigo y Gabriela, Chicago and Maceo Parker at the JAS June Experience